The following Sungrow inverter WiFi connection guide is applicable for all Sungrow WiFi-enabled inverters which include the Sungrow SG#K-D, SG#KTL-M and SG#K-20 Hybrid models.
Ask yourself the following questions;
- Was there a blackout or a power outage recently?
- Has the modem been switched off for any reason recently?
- Have you recently changed your internet service?
- Has the modem been changed or upgraded?
- Has the solar system been switched off recently?
- Has an electrician been working on the property?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then there is a high chance your Sungrow inverter has disconnected from your WiFi network.
Step 1: Connect device WiFi.
- Firstly, go to your smartphone or tablet and open up the Settings.
- Locate the WIFI SETTINGS options.
- Once located, select the inverter WiFi network named “SG-******”.
Step 2: Login and configure
- After your smartphone or tablet has successfully connected to the inverter WFi network, open the Sungrow iSolarCloud APP.
- Login to your iSolarCloud account.
- Once logged in, select the MORE tab in the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
- Then select the WLAN CONFIGURATION tab.
- Information will pop up notifying you’ve successfully connected to the inverter, select NEXT.
Step 3: Network setup.
- The final step is to connect your inverter to your home Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)/ home WiFi.
- Select your WIFI NETWORK from the list of WiFi options on your smart device (back to WiFi Settings) and enter your password.
- The checkmark symbol indicates a successful connection, click NEXT.
- Information indicating a successful connection to the home network will pop up. Your inverter is reconnected.